Correctly mounting frames to your speed skates
We recommend mounting your frames using hex-head mounting bolts from SkateBag.
Mounting bolts should have a large head contact area with the frame platform for proper fixing.
Mounting bolts should be installed and removed with an allen key/allen wrench (skate tool). Skate tools should be checked that all working edges are not worn or the mounting bolt can be damaged.
- Place the frame against the mounting blocks of the boot.
- Install a mounting bolt through the frame into the boot’s mounting block.
- Install bolts to the front and rear of the frame, screwing in but not tight.
- Align the frame on the boot, then tighten each bolt in turn.
- Mounting bolts should be tightened ‘wrist tight’ by an adult (as tight as possible at the wrist, using a hand wrapped around the skate tool), or ‘elbow tight’ by a child (as tight as possible at the elbow, using a hand wrapped around the skate tool).
- Once tightened, mounting bolts should have a minimum of 4 full threads fixed within the boot itself.
For safety, re-check the tightness of your mounting bolts each week, or if you hear any unusual noise from your skates.